European Society for Neurochemistry (ESN)
is a scientific society with the aim:
- to advance Neurochemistry for the public benefit
- to promote the development of Neurochemistry in Europe
- to promote young neurochemists
The Programme of the ESN2022 meeting is under consideration
High-profile publications by ESN members
Prof Juan Bolanos (former ESN President)
Jimenez-Blasco D, Busquets-Garcia A, Hebert-Chatelain E, Serrat R, Vicente-Gutierrez C, Ioannidou C, Gómez-Sotres P, Lopez-Fabuel I, Resch-Beusher M, Resel E, Arnouil D, Saraswat D, Varilh M, Cannich A, Julio-Kalajzic F, Bonilla-Del Río I, Almeida A, Puente N, Achicallende S, Lopez-Rodriguez ML, Jollé C, Déglon N, Pellerin L, Josephine C, Bonvento G, Panatier A, Lutz B, Piazza PV, Guzmán M, Bellocchio L, Bouzier-Sore AK, Grandes P, Bolaños JP, Marsicano G.
Nature. 2020 Jul 8. doi: 10.1038/s41586-020-2470-y. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32641832
Prof Illana Gozes (ESN Secretary)
Iris Grigg, Yanina Ivashko-Pachima, Tom Aharon Hait, Vlasta Korenková, Olga Touloumi, Roza Lagoudaki, Anke Van Dijck, Zlatko Marusic, Mirna Anicic, Jurica Vukovic, R. Frank Kooy, Nikolaos Grigoriadis & Illana Gozes
Translational Psychiatry volume 10, Article number: 228 (2020) https://doi.org/10.1038/s41398-020-00904-4
FEBS/IUBMB Advanced Lecture Course on “Molecular targets for anti-aging interventions”
Island of Spetses, Greece.
Postponed due to COVID-19. New dates to follow.
Singapore, new dates December 16-20, 2020
The Neurochemistry History article:
“The origins and early history of neurochemistry and its societies”
Anne I. Boullerne, Paul Foley, Anthony J. Turner, Graham A.R. Johnston, Philip M. Beart
is among the top downloaded articles
(660 full text downloads in 2019) so why not to read it from here?
News from ESN YSSC
A Member of the ESN Council has been elected to the Academia Europaea (Academy of Europe)
ESN Council is pleased to announce that Prof Jean-Pierre Mothet, has been elected a member of Academia Europaea (Academy of Europe) in the section “Physiology & Neuroscience” https://www.ae-info.org/ae/Member/Mothet_Jean-Pierre
Your advantages of being an ESN member are:
- you automatically become an ISN and FENS member.
- reduced registration fees for ESN Conferences, biennial ISN Meetings, biennial FENS Forum and other FENS meetings.
- free access to European Journal of Neuroscience, FENS higher education and training initiatives and FENS travel stipends.
- multiple options to actively contribute to the development of Neurochemistry in Europe by:
- submitting Workshop and Symposium proposals for ESN conferences.
- suggesting candidates for the ESN Young Scientist Lectureship Award.
- becoming an organizer of an ESN Conference.
- becoming a member of the ESN Council.
Read the FENS statement on the disappointing EU budget deal for science: